Wednesday 22 October 2008

The C word...

… it’s fast approaching isn’t it. I know I should be shot at dawn (possibly overstating it slightly) for mentioning it, but along with the need to wear gloves outside today there is no use denying that nine weeks from today it is Christmas Eve… time to start shopping/making. Just to annoy all the last minuters out there, I’ve started mine already. In fact I got one today, for my little cousin Dylan for whom I have a very exciting present that I myself would have liked very much when I was that age! When it comes to the making, I have no ideas. I’m feeling a little stuck in the rut when it comes to making at the moment. I’d love to have some pottery ready, however I don’t think that is going to be possible (although you never know)

I’m having a lovely time writing this, I’m listening to Louis Armstrong singing La Vie en Rose and after that it’s going to be Moonlight in Vermont. I think I could listen to him forever.

I’ve been sorting out lots of photos to add to flickr and came across this one I took when on a visit to a stately home last year...so there you have it, an early taster for Christmas…. I’m so getting out a Christmas film to watch now……! Roll on Stir up Sunday!!!! Ma - we need to start on the cake!!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already had my Christmas Dinner......as I won't be at home this year. Will be sunning myself in New Zealand, bbq for Christmas dinner. You can see my festive table at my page. I live Christmas and plan it early, buying lots of things in the January sales.

Papoosue said...

Well, all that I've organised thus far is the cake - and I didn't even make that myself, it was Miss Lucy! You are doing better than me. (I have a couple of sshhh presents tucked away but that's it). I usually have loads done by now, but not this time and I didn't realise it was only nine weeks.....aaaaarghhhh xxxxxx

miracle on 34th street.....

Sandi McBride said...

So glad to see a current posting Sarah...now how bout giving that Mum a nudge...yes, Christmas is actually only around the corner for those of us living in the fast lane, lol! I can hardly wait for Halloween to be over because I start my decorating for the big day on Thanksgiving morning!!! I know, I know, I should be cooking but then Mac would have nothing to do!
hugs
Sandi

Papoosue said...

I meant to say, thanks for your comments on the blog. Oh dear, we are a couple of bad bad bloggers...

Now, where did I put that Christmas list.?

Sandi McBride said...

And I hear you had snow! Or at least I hope you were lucky enough to share in Bucks glory!!!
hugs
Sandi

steven mcvay said...

i wanna put my tree up now..its pink and sparkly and makes me smile..... thanks for your blog comment..x

Unknown said...

Hello Sarah, my first contribution to your online ramblings, I'm sure it won't be the last. You'll no doubt be pleased to know that I saw Christmas lights up in someone's window last Sunday (November 2), now call me old fashioned but that is a little early.