Wednesday 4 April 2007

One of my favourite things!

One of the great things about my Grandparents ability to horde, was that they had so much great stuff!! This tin advertising sign (with movable date!) used to be in their shop. I've left it on the date that it was on when I got to have it (when we were clearing the house and store for sale) and it now hangs on my living room wall. I love the lettering and the fact that it advertised "for expert opinions on world affairs" in the teeniest of little Welsh rural villages where quite frankly you would want to move to escape the rest of the world and live in hamlety gorgeousness with your garden and barn and sheep and cows in the field opposite and little apple orchard.



I did get lots more including a Welsh dresser which I'm sure I'll post about in the months to come!

No comments: