Wednesday 7 February 2007

Please no more snow....

Now I'm as big a fan of snow as can be, but please... no more when I have to come to work! There is a time and place for snow. That is at Christmas. Christmas is now over, therefore there should be no snow..... right, now that I've got that out of the way.

I finished the Brooklyn Follies last night... still undecided if I liked it. It was odd, not as odd as that film with Juliette Binoche in it where her and Jean Reno are being watched/filmed and the video's sent to them, but in the same way.

Luckily I found a book I'd half started so I'm reading that. The secret purposes by David Baddiel. Its about the internment onto the Isle of Man of "aliens" that were deemed dangerous to have walking about during the war. It is loosely based on the story of his Grandparents. I'm liking this much more.

I'm still looking for suggestions. In the main I like slightly unusual books. I'm not adverse to chick lit or even (I'll say it quickly) the odd M&B. The story (be it real or imagined) is the thing!

Sophie - I know 9 cups is excessive, I realise this now, but please don't confiscate my tea mrs!

No comments: