Monday 14 May 2007

It really is an ugly world at times

This morning in the car on the way to work, my Father and I heard a news item about a 21 year old who had been killed in what the police suspect is a racially motivated attack. What really brought this home was the fact it had seeming happened just a few streets away from me. One of the things I like about Liverpool is the fact that we are so multicultural so to have this happen on my doorstep virtually is shocking just I suppose as any murder is, but what shocked me more is that it happened yesterday and I'd heard nothing about it. What is it in today's society that its not attracted the huge local outrage it should, really despite why it happened? Is everyone just keeping their heads down? OR is it that they just don't know, or worse shrug their shoulders, remark upon the "modern" world and ultimately don't care? In a city that was rightfully outraged by the murder of another young man Anthony Walker, why haven't we heard more?

No comments: