Thursday 31 May 2007

Spinny

Well, in my excitement for New York I've been looking at lots of blogs and trying to compile a list of places that we absolutely have to go.... I think that louie might just shoot me if I go to all of them and frankly, my head is spinning from the choices!!!!

What I do need to know is a great place to go and have some cocktails!!!! This occupation will be second only to hunting for fabric and trimmings to help clutter up my already fully full house (my English is getting worse with every post I write... )

So anyone out there suggestions please!!! I'd be more than happy to suggest places in Liverpool to visit should anyone ever decide to visit on a Beatles tour!!!!

I leave you tonight with this lovely photo of an Iris from Long suffering mother's garden, pretty ain't it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the book "Apple of My Eye" by Helene Hanff all ready to bring for you Sarah. You will love reading her quirky descriptions of the places she visited with her friend.
Love the Iris. Not seen many really nice ones here. They are mainly the dutch hybrid ones we get. I do love an English garden. (Sigh!)

Anonymous said...

Hi
Up early so been having a look at other blogs try this has lovely things

Sophies hunnysuckle English Decor
you have a lot in common with this lady The sun is shinning Im in the garden today

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi there- thanks for visiting me! I still find it amazing how blogs get recommnded by word of mouth! I have enjoyed reading your blog this morning, and would love to see the wedding photo!!!!

Anonymous said...

You'll LOVE NYC. How can you not!!! I have been a Christmas and can't wait to see what it's like in the Summer.

Cherry xx

Papoosue said...

It's many years since I visited NYC with my dad so I can't offer much advice there I'm afraid. We only stopped there a couple of days and then headed for Canada. I guess it's rather obvious to suggest a visit to the garment district? Oh, and stock up on different coloured Sharpies - always useful for journals etc.

Lizzie said...

Lovely iris- they are among my favorite cottage flowers.

Thank you for sharing a picture of a particularly pretty one with all of us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin'! Well, having never been to N.Y. I must direct you to my favorite new yorkers food blog. Try Robyn's site at http://www.roboppy.net/food/