Wednesday 9 May 2007

missing weirdness

My lovely sister Sophers wishes me to add an 8th to my list of things......

She wishes you all to know about my ability to "switch my ears off".... (not nearly as odd as it sounds) Ever since I was a little girl I've been able to "switch off" and not take any notice of the world around me. I can go off into my little world not hearing a thing or seeing anything other than the internal machinations of my tiny mind. This has been infuriating to lots of people and is partially one of the reasons I was not allowed a bike as a child and why I don't drive now. In short when I switch off I'm a liability. It happens in meetings, on the bus when I "come round" in the wilds of Speke or Runcorn, at home, in the car when I'm supposed to be giving directions. Once many years ago whilst doing the washing up, Sophie came into the kitchen, took her boots off by the back door, had a conversation (one sided granted) with me, I turned round, saw her and screamed as I didn't realise she was there..... not good. I was left not once but twice as a child at school (there was a minibus as we lived in Hale just outside Liverpool) in the corner reading, not having realised ALL the other children and most of the teachers had gone half an hour ago.... I don't do it deliberately... honest....

I'm going to leave you with weekend piccies from Mum and Dad's to try and make up for my madness.....(if that's possible!)

Hamish, isn't he cute!!!

Lovely old school desk (£1 car boot sale!)

Fabulous Liliac!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Your lilacs are breathtaking- they don't grow very well here in Georgia, and it makes me so homesick to think of how all the vintage ones I planted at my mothers home are full of sweet fragrant blossoms right now...

I can also "tune out" the world around me. It annoys my family!